November is here, and it's time again for the International Festival! From November 22 -24, come out to celebrate the heroes and heroines, visionaries and explorers from different cultures.
Now, you will have a chance to be a hero or heroine. In response to Typhoon Hai Yan (Yolanda), we will have collection boxes at the International Festival. Some of the items we need:
- Clothing (for a tropical climate);
- Canned goods/non-perishable food items;
- Medical supplies;
- Household goods (i.e. bedding, pots and pans);
- Toiletries (i.e. soap, toothpaste and toothbrushes);
- Cash or check donations (made out to Catholic Relief Charities).
We, along with the Filipino community, thank you for supporting our brothers and sisters in need.
You will also have a chance to enjoy delicious refreshments, educational exhibits, and inspiring and exciting musical and dance performances.
Some of our highlights for this year are:
- Musical performances by the critically acclaimed groups Salaam and Silk Road Ensemble;
- Stiltwalking with "Chopstick Man;"
- Players and coaches from the Indy Eleven soccer team;
- Interactive arts with the National Geographic Giant Traveling Map of Asia, Italian Street Painting, and new this year, a collaboration with the Indianapolis Arts Center;
- Tudor Rose Players (come experience the Court of Henry VIII);
- An International Beer and Wine Garden, as well as delicious foods from around the world.
Attached is information on the Festival. Just as a reminder for the ethnic booths; here is the judging criteria:
1. THEME: Include in cultural booth historical, geographical, culinary, social of educational aspects of the particular culture.